Friday, January 18, 2013

Your Bulb Blown? Renew It!


I went into the kitchen to get something to drink and as I turned the light on, a bulb blew out.  I climbed on the counter, unscrewed the light from the fixture and looked closely at the bulb.  It was dark at the bottom and had a loose wire causing it to make a clanking noise when you shook it. 
As I was looking for another bulb to replace it with, it hit me.  This bulb is useless.  It’s served its purpose of providing light in the kitchen and as of right now this bulb has no purpose. 
As I held that cold bulb in my hand and looked more closely at the effects providing light had on it,  immediately my mind went to the scripture in Matthew 5:14 that reads “You are the light of the world.” If you stop and think about it, being a “light” can be a very tiring, demanding job; but rewarding at the same time. 
A bulb puts off heat and uses energy from another source for it to work.  Just like the bulb, we use energy to perform and in order for us to “work” properly we must get our power to operate from another Source.  Unlike the bulb, if we use the Source correctly, we can re-new our strength daily and by renewing our strength daily with God we’ll never burn out. 
My daily prayer and Bible reading are required if I’m going to be an effective light to the people I work with, the citizens of the city in which I live, and the daily random person that I meet while I’m out and about.  There has got to be something that says, “There’s something about that guy that glows” when I walk into a room.  I don’t want to be gloomy and drabby and have this scowl on my face that causes everyone around me to feel sad, gloomy and depressed; which is how a blown bulb causes the room to appear….dark and depressing. 
So, you ready to renew your strength and allow God to use you?  Psalms 51:10 says, “Create in me a clean heart, O God: and renew a right spirit within me”. Isaiah 40:21 says, “But they that wait(serve) upon the Lord shall renew their strength…”.  Let God renew you today and allow His Spirit to shine in you like a newly placed light bulb…one that burns BRIGHTER AND STRONGER.
You Ready??!!

Just my thoughts on a page…

1 comment:

  1. • Renewing our strength through God is so important.
    • Light naturally drives shadows from an environment and provides the energy to sustain hope and life. Even a nightlight, in a bedroom for a child, tends to keep the "monsters" away.

    ReplyDelete