Thursday, December 25, 2014

Looking Forward To A New Year!

Well, Christmas 2014 is almost behind us.  We've unwrapped the presents that were placed under the tree so perfectly, we've taken the stockings that were hung by the chimney with care and removed the coal and candy that Ole Saint Nick left behind.  We've eaten enough dressing, ham, sweet potato's, broccoli casserole and heavenly hash cake to choke a mule.   And I would bet that it's safe to say, that we've all laid on the couch and taken that all to famous after Christmas lunch nap...twice! Yep, Christmas 2014 is almost behind us.  We're about to enter into that wonderful time of the year when we each set aside time to reflect on the past and look forward to making plans for the new year. 

Looking back over this past year, I can tell you that my family and I have been very blessed.  Now, I'm not going to say that 2014 has been without flaw.  We've faced our fair share of crisis and concerns, but nothing major, and for that I can say I'm very thankful. 

I am looking forward to what 2015 has in-store.  There are so many that can say that 2014 wasn't the best of times, but it wasn't the worst of times either.  However, a new start, new beginning and for lack of a better term, a "do-over" will be welcomed.  So, goodbye 2014 and hello 2015!

Starting a new year can also bring out the "What if" questions.  What if 2015 is a repeat of 2014?  What if 2015 is not as good as 2014?  What if I can't do or even start my new years resolution?  What if, what if, what if? 

Let's change the questions direction. 

What if you do start that resolution and you do complete it?  What if you not only complete the resolution, but you go so far that you help someone else complete theirs?  What if 2015 is better than 2014?  What if 2015 is so much better, that you end up with more money, better health and a better outlook on life than you've ever had in the past? 

You see, It's all about the direction you want to go.  Folks, negative direction isn't the path any of us want to follow.  Look for the positive in all you do this up coming year.  Leave that negative perception behind you.  Speak positive, seek positive results, be positive and watch what happens. 

Now, I know that there are some who are reading this blog thinking that I've left out the most important part of being successful in 2015.  I haven't.  I just take for granted that those that read my blogs already know that the FIRST and most thing isn't a "thing", but a person we must put FIRST in anything we do.  That person is none other than Jesus Christ....If you're not seeking Him first, you're already failing. 

With keeping Christ first in mind and for keeping things positive, repeat after me. 

I will put Christ first, in all things that I want to accomplish this up coming year!  I will pray more this year than I did last year!  I will be wiser in 2015!  I will be healthier in 2015! I will be a better money manager in 2015!  I will be a friendlier person in 2015!  I will be a better, not bitter, person in 2015! I will not allow the enemy to bring me down, hinder my walk or come between me and the Lord as I travel towards the destiny He has for me! 

Folks, I feel great about the new opportunities 2015 has in-store for us all.  As we move into the year, I want to hear about the successes you guys achieve.  I want to hear the resolutions you make and the successes you're having along the way.  I want to hear about the wins, the challenges you face and the ways you overcame those challenges in order to be successful!

Why, you ask?  Because I want to praise God with you for the victories He's given you in 2015! 

Let's Geaux!

My Thoughts On a Page....


No comments:

Post a Comment